Iberville CAER is an organization of Iberville industry companies and the Iberville Emergency Preparedness Office to keep Iberville residents safe by maintaining a comprehensives emergency plan and emphasizing safety in company operations.
ICAER installed and maintains the parish emergency alert siren system, provides a detailed emergency preparedness guidebook to all parish households.
The special purposes for which Iberville CAER is organized is to the following:
- Establish and maintain emergency siren and warning systems in coordination with Iberville Parish and local government officials to notify the general public of serious situations which could harm the general public.
- Provide safety training, education and outreach programs to emergency responders, government officials, media, businesses, parish schools and the community about risk management and emergency response programs of member facilities and the relationship with the community associated with these facilities.
- Provide sponsorship of safety training and educational activities within the community
- Provide support and resources to emergency responders and parish officials in preparation for and during emergency situations.
- To promote the principles and practices of Responsible Care ® to those who produce, transport, use, handle or dispose of chemicals.